Tiverton, RI

Cotton and woolen mills were established as early as 1827. As of 2006, trade establishments are the major employers in the town. 


Tiverton stands on the eastern shore of Narragansett Bay, opposite the northern end of Rhode Island proper, meaning the largest island in the said bay, which has lent its name to the state as a whole. The channel separating this island from the mainland, Sakonnet River, narrows to a width of half a mile or less, near Tiverton.


Tiverton was originally incorporated in 1694, as part of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. In 1746, in the final settlement of a long colonial boundary dispute between Rhode Island and Massachusetts, Tiverton was annexed to Rhode Island by Royal Decree (together with its fellow towns along the eastern shore of Narragansett Bay, Barrington, Bristol and Little Compton, and the town of Cumberland, to the north of Providence). Tiverton was then incorporated as a town of Rhode Island, in 1747. Until that same year, Tiverton controlled the area of East Freetown, Massachusetts, as an outpost. The boundary settlement of 1746 had put East Freetown in Massachusetts, and in 1747 it was purchased by Freetown, Massachusetts.

Men from that erstwhile Tiverton outpost took part in the Battle of Freetown, on May 25, 1778, during the Revolutionary War. For about three years of that war, December 1776 – late 1779, Rhode Island proper (also known as Aquidneck Island, historically) was occupied by the British. During this time, Tiverton was a refuge for Americans fleeing this occupation, and a mustering place for Colonial forces, gathering to drive away the British. (The occupying forces eventually were withdrawn strategically, as General Clinton marshalled his forces for the 1780 British invasion of South Carolina. Recent years have seen Tiverton grow as a summer resort and residential area. New development has been concentrated in the area known as North Tiverton, adjacent to Fall River, Massachusetts.

This beautiful Colonial is located in the coastal town of Tiverton R.I. off of Crandall Rd.  This 3 bed, 2 bath home features 1.4 acres, 2 car garage a spacious family room addition with a pellet stove, and much more. Don't miss your opportunity to view this stunning property! All info supplied by the owner, public record or a third party. The broker has not verified. It is recommended buyer independently verify all information. $409,000 Active

70 Crest Tiverton, Rhode Island

3 Beds 2 Baths 2,180 SqFt 1.400 Acres

Tucked away in a charming part of Tiverton with a sunset view of the water, sits a newer Colonial.  It has privacy that comes with a quarter of an acre of land and sits on top of a hill overlooking historic cottages and newer homes. The spacious deck is integrated with an above ground swimming pool with views of a beautifully landscaped lawn in one direction or view of the Sakonnet River in the other. Inside the house are hardwood floors, a generous sized master bedroom, and a partially finished basement.  It is conveniently located for an easy commute to Newport, Providence or even Boston. $395,000 New

10 Stevens St Tiverton, Rhode Island

3 Beds 2 Baths 1,728 SqFt 0.260 Acres

**HIGHEST AND BEST DUE BY 5:00 THURSDAY OCTOBER 22**  Great contemporary home in Tiverton, set off a private road but close to all amenities. Home features 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, living room with vaulted ceiling, dining area, and undated kitchen. The lower level offers a partially finished basement which is not included in the square footage of the home. The home sits on a large 3/4 acre lot with a large deck for entertaining. $389,900 New

29 Mark Dr Tiverton, Rhode Island

3 Beds 2 Baths 1,466 SqFt 0.710 Acres

This well taken cared for home won't last. This charming house offers 4 bedrooms with a deck off the master bedroom, 2 full baths, renovated kitchen with stainless steel appliances. A bonus room with another deck off of it. The roof is 2 years young and freshly painted exterior. New 4 bedroom septic in the process of being installed. Did I mention the 2 car driveway with an amazingly large yard! Can also be converted into back into a 2 family! $384,900 Active

18 Hilton St Tiverton, Rhode Island

4 Beds 2 Baths 2,232 SqFt 0.290 Acres

Garden Heights Beauty - This well cared for ranch style home has a few surprises in store for you. This is a turnkey home ready for it's new owners to enjoy. It has great storage and an efficient layout for easy living. There are two bedrooms on the main level with a very large bath between the two offering a tub/shower combination and a full shower. The lower level is finished with yet another living area, full bath, laundry room, and guest quarters or a home office. A sunroom/family room is located on the back of the home with direct access to outside living area. The landscaping is clean and crisp and the outside patio area is inviting. There are 3 outdoor sheds for all your supplies. This home is centrally located near all amenities. $365,000 Active

17 Pine Tree Tiverton, Rhode Island

2 Beds 2 Baths 2,036 SqFt 0.210 Acres


228 FISH RD Tiverton, Rhode Island

3 Beds 1 Baths 1,296 SqFt 6.250 Acres

Welcome Home! This classic cozy New England Cape style home is fully remodeled and ready for it's new owners. The spacious layout offers 3 bedrooms, remodeled kitchen with granite countertops, stainless appliances, hardwood flooring, and remodeled bathroom with custom tiled shower/tub. Exterior grants great entertaining space with a large deck, fire pit area, and a private lush grassy backyard. This home has been meticulously cared for and is move in ready! $349,000 New

400 Crandall Rd. Tiverton, Rhode Island

3 Beds 1 Baths 1,386 SqFt 0.260 Acres

Enjoy the ease of single level living in this beautifully maintained, quality built Ranch home with gleaming hardwood floors , plaster walls and cast iron baseboard heat throughout. Spacious living room with Stone Fireplace, Solid birch cabinetry in the kitchen with island counter and adjacent dining area. Master Bedroom has ample closets, and the tiled bath has access to a second bedroom; and den/guest bedroom with french doors  open to the deck and pool. If stairs are a challenge, this home is equipped with an entrance ramp and rear ramp/walkway for ease of access to the decks, patio and pool. You will love the well planned outdoor spaces for family entertainment. The heated pool has a recent liner, new pump and pool accessories. The rear boundary has treed privacy and many flowering and berry bushes, even a grapevine. The full basement and garage lend themselves for ample parking and great storage. Updates include new range, state of the art oil tank, boiler, and roof. $329,000 Active

612 Fish Tiverton, Rhode Island

3 Beds 1 Baths 1,367 SqFt 0.590 Acres

very big area for expansion inside this home, easily made into more bedrooms if needed, located in a great area, near beaches and casino, shopping, ocean front. affordable living at yesterdays price $274,900 Active

2 Margaret St Tiverton, Rhode Island

1 Beds 1 Baths 1,610 SqFt 0.230 Acres

Back on Market due to buyer issue. Water view natural shingled Cape. Located in quiet neighborhood minutes to highways, convenient to shopping, schools & medical. Many original features, hardwood floors, 2-3 bedrooms, 2 baths. Pantry kitchen with original farmers sink. Bath has original claw foot tub plus second bath with shower. There is natural gas to the house. Newer roof ,recent white cedar shingles, replacement windows. Detached 2 car garage with potential as studio or workshop, great light with bay views. Full basement with original soap stone sink.New Oil Tank. Could use some interior TLC as reflected in the price. Eligible for USDA 100% Financing. Highest and best offers due by Monday, Oct. 5, 5pm. $229,000 Active

9 Carpenter Tiverton, Rhode Island

2 Beds 2 Baths 1,008 SqFt 0.090 Acres